Sunday 11 March 2012

One ha'penny, Two ha'penny...

The weather seems to be getting a wee bit better, giving me some hope that spring is around the corner.

So, it was time to do some spring baking last weekend. I've never made hot cross buns before so boyf and I decided to give it a shot. 

Baking attempts were somewhat hampered by the fact that his car broke, so what with all the proving and everything, hot cross bun making turned into quite a lengthy adventure. I must admit to finding myself wondering if all the effort was worth it, when you can just buy ready made hot cross buns and they're even on buy one get one free.


The end result was rather tasty, and although they didn't look perfect, they did have some rustic charm. We used this BBC Good Food recipe. And i have to say that toasted, with melty butter, they did justify all the hoohah to make them.



No comments:

Post a Comment